CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 25, 2007

My Questions are being answered at the World Mission Society Church of God

Hello, once again. Yesterday I attended another Bible study at the World Mission Society Church of God, and I asked a lot of questions. One of my main questions was that how come you cannot see any crosses or statues inside the World Mission Society Church of God? Their answer was given through a lesson about Idolatry. We began the lesson by taking a look at the second commandment:

Ex 20:4-6 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.

This is very straight forward, I never knew this commandment existed I was very shocked, later on I came to find out that is not found in the Catechism through which I learned the commandments. No wonder most people, including myself didn’t know about this.
Even God went on to describe that the Idols looked like scarecrows in a melon fields:

Jr 10:2-5 this is what the LORD says: "Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the sky, though the nations are terrified by them. For the customs of the peoples are worthless; they cut a tree out of the forest, and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel. They adorn it with silver and gold; they fasten it with hammer and nails so it will not totter. Like a scarecrow in a melon patch, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good."

I mean it cannot get clearer than that, because literally people don’t worship scarecrows, they don’t adorn them with silver and gold. But the verse says: “LIKE a scarecrow in a melon patch”. The only thing that I have seen that looks like this, and is adorned with silver and gold, that people bow down and pray to it is the Crucifix.

I was very shocked about this study, that I went home right away to find out where the whole cross worship began, how is it that is now in every church and that everybody uses it, even though nowhere in the bible is this practice mentioned. So I Found two books to testify to the origin of the cross as a symbol of worship.
The first book is entitled “Babylon Mystery Religion” by Ralph Woodrow. On page 22 of this book I found this:

“We can see that the ancient Babylonians were the first to use a cross in worship; it was used in the worship of Tammuz the Babylonian god. The first letter T in his name was marked on the official garments of the priests and I was also used as an amulet over the heart. Thus, the cross was a pagan religious symbol”

Another pagan ritual practiced in Christian churches today, but to my surprise I found another book which explains why this pagan ritual was introduced into the church. The book is entitled “The Cross: its History and Symbolism” by George Benson. In this book on page 28 the following:

“It almost seems incredible that the cross, the supreme symbol of Christianity, should not have come into use to any extent until nearly three hundred years after the death of Christ…The very fact of the cross having been used for centuries for the crucifixion of criminals was a powerful reason for not using it as a religious emblem. To the early Christians it was a symbol of disgrace. They could not look upon it as an object of reverence…”

After reading this I put 2 and 2 together; 321 AD Sabbath was changed, 431 AD the Cross is introduced as a symbol of Christianity; I am guessing this all had to do with the Changes Mr. Constantine did. In top of all of this, the cross was a weapon of execution, no different to the guillotine, a gun, a rope, a sword. Which makes me think, if Christ had not been crucified, but decapitated with a guillotine, would people wear guillotines around their necks? Would we see them on top of Churches? Nonsense!!!

After my Bible study at the World Mission Society Church of God, I came to realize that churches who keep Sunday worship, and have crosses; these are churches I will try to avoid from now on. Still about the Ahnsahnghong and Mother issues, I don’t yet, but something tells me that I will find out very soon. Till next time.

7 comments:

CherubAngel said...

I was also shocked to find out that crosses are idols since everybody uses them as symbols to show they believe in Christ. I am glad to see that you are continuing study and learning the truth at Church of God World Mission Society. I hope that you will soon learn the truth about Christ AhnSahngHong and Mother God.

Anonymous said...

Man, that's so true. I always felt like idols were kinda weird, and scary. That's why I like the fact that the Church of God World Mission Society doesn't have any there. If you think that is amazing, wait till you learn about AhnSahngHong and Mother God! I hope you don't have a problem with showing your feet because that study is gonna knock your socks off!

AC1981 said...

im glad u understood how detestable idols are in front of God. as u continue to study u will understand more about our heavenly Father and Mother.

Le0511 said...

I remember this study. I was so dumb I even checked out the church inside to see if maybe there was one idol or cross...there was none. Church of God World Mission Society's teachings are amazing. They are so clear. In the same way, bible will clearly show you who is this Ahnsahnghong. Enjoy your studies : )

Short144 said...

It is shocking to learn that the very object that now symbolizes Christianity God considers an idol. God and the world are always on a different page. But that's how it's always gonna be when studying the Bible: God is reading the back cover and whole world is stuck on the preface. It will be like that when you study Christ Ahnsahnghong, you'll see. It's always what you least expect.

Anonymous said...

Cross idolatry is true. People don't realize how God feels about this practice. I hope many people will understand this important truth. Thanks to Christ Ahnsahnghong we can understand this amazing truth.

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorites. An overwhelming number of chrurch groups that believe in Christ use the cross to "state" that they are in fact Christians. Studying about idolatry was amazing for me because it really gives you insight about from exactly where this man-made custom originated. True thanks be to Father Christ Ahnsahnghong for revealing this precious truth to us. Our pre-concepts of God and how to live as a Christian ar eso molded by the world that we would never be able to see this one without God revealing it to us. Thank you Father and Mother for everything!!!!